A silicone rubber gasket is a mechanical seal. It has high performance and is exceedingly resistant to high and low temperatures. The most common reason the rubber gasket is employed is to prevent leaks between two diverse substrate segments in any type of application. From very hot to very cold, a silicone rubber gasket can be utilised in both environments efficiently. Furthermore, it has excellent ozone and UV attributes which makes silicone gasket perfect for outdoor applications.
Though the qualities that silicone rubber gaskets have are wide-ranging, there is one that stands out quite clearly. The material silicone is radically resilient which gives gaskets made of it the extraordinary attribute. Starting from drastically low temperatures and ending with peak high degrees, silicone can uphold all its properties at every level. So much so, that when it comes to low-temperature properties there is no other elastomer that can stand toe to toe with silicone gaskets.
The range of temperature within which a silicone rubber gasket can remain flexible and functions is -100°C to +230°C. Because of the variety of temperatures silicone can bear, it is the ideal material for any application that is exposed to such low or high degrees.
• It is exceedingly popular in industrial applications because of its inertness.
• Silicone is also utilised in the medical field as it doesn’t react to or with a significant amount of chemicals.
• Another place where silicone gaskets are used is aircraft. Most commonly, they are seen in Boeing and Airbus FAR and JAR.
From punched to fabricated, from cut to a sheet, there is a range of silicone rubber gaskets available in the market. A few that are usually manufactured by rubber gasket suppliers are:
• Grades of flame-retardant silicon gasket
• Insertion silicone rubber gasket
• 40-degree hardness silicone rubber gasket
• Silicon rubber gasket cured with platinum
• Metal detectable silicone rubber gasket
We hope this brief article gives a clearer idea of what a silicone gasket is, the primary properties of it and where it can be employed in any industry or application.